Pre Care Instructions
- Do NOT exercise 24 hours prior to appointment.
- No chemical peels. or any other resurfacing treatments for 3 weeks pre & post appointment.
- No retinoids, Vitamin C serum, or AHA's 2 weeks prior. (Great for regeneration, not for your tattoo.)
- Wait at least 2 weeks after Botox or any Dermal Fillers.
- Avoid the sun (always) and sun tanning beds one week prior.
- No Aspirin, Advil, Niacin, Vitamin E, Fish Oil, Prenatal Vitamins (any "hair, skin, nails" vitamins) 48 hours prior to appointment.
- Need to wait 48 hours after waxing.
- No alcohol or caffeine 24 hours prior to appointment.
Post Care Instructions
It’s very important to keep all healing skin out of the sun, and lips are no exception.
Only use the healing cream provided, or Aquaphore. Apply with a clean lip applicator or Q-Tip as this is an open wound and we don’t want an infection. Blot lips for a few hours after your appointment to prevent any unnecessary scabbing. Use provided straw for drinks and clean thoroughly after each use.
Day 1-3: Apply aftercare to lips whenever they feel sightly dry. Avoid spicy or hot food & drinks. Swelling will be normal for up to 48 hours. Put ice on lips to reduce swelling.
Day 4-6. Your lips will start to flake, it’s very normal and important you allow the flakes to fall naturally. Picking could result in you pulling the ink we worked so hard to deposit, and results will be uneven. Still avoid hot & spicy food.
Day 7-10 You will notice your lips look a little lighter than you anticipated. You’re still healing, give yourself the full 4-6 weeks from the initial appointment to see final results. Then a Touch-Up is required to ensure consistent, natural results.